As well as being an experienced Midwife, I am also an enthusiastic Antenatal Class Instructor teaching in the North London area.
january course dates:
8th January, 15th January, 22nd January, 29th January & 5th February 2019.
Whether you’re having your first baby and you have an
endless list of questions - or perhaps you're just new to the area and
want to make friends, Antenatal Classes are a great way to meet other couples
who are having a baby at the same time as you. Friendship and support
throughout the early weeks and months with a new baby will help to make the
transition to parenthood a fun and exciting time.
Booking our classes entitles you to a discount on home post-natal care when booking a package of visits from Sage Femme Midwifery.
Some of the topics that Sage Femme can cover in their classes:
- What to get ready, packing a hospital bag, birth plans, the last weeks of pregnancy, how to prepare your body for labour, choice of place of birth
- How to recognise the start of labour, options for pain relief, different positions, routines in hospital and what you can expect from your time there
- Different forms of intervention that could be necessary, different births and the role of the birth partner
- How having a baby may change things for both of you, physical recovery after the birth, the early days and weeks
- Your wonderful newborn baby- adaptation to the world, baby care, things to prepare, why babies cry, how to soothe them
- Infant feeding, breast and bottle, how much, how often, weight gain
- What to do if you think your baby is ill and where to get ongoing help and guidance
- Newborn First Aid
The class content is very much led by you and we will try to answer all of your questions; there is group work and time to chat together. You will have the opportunity to move around, practice changing nappies and to sample some delicious refreshments!
Classes will run over five consecutive weeks on a Tuesday evening from 7.30-9.30pm at The Red Hedgehog (5 minutes walk from Highgate Tube)
Price per couple will be £250, maximum 10 couples per class
Any questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org